Thursday 3 January 2013

5 more days of training left



Training is finally coming to an end!! Wow, it has been another difficult week and I am happy to announce that I now have the next 2 days off, and I can spend it with the love of my life!

We are planning on going to the top of the Burj Khalifa which is the tallest building in the WORLD for those who's not familiar with it... It is said to be an amazing experience. One of my other friends in Emirates went 2 days ago and she says it's something to experience and it will always be a lasting memory.

Today we did our first LHR practical (fake flight to London) the whole process took about 4 hours and it was crazy. I felt like I did not have a clue what I was doing. But I think the best way of learning and getting used to flying, is by actually doing it for real... that is the only way that I will learn how to do things and it will also give me more confidence as time goes by.

It feels like training can go on forever! However, I must push through the last 5 days, after that I get 3 days off and then I will operate my first flight.
A "suppy" flight is basically a "relaxed, observation" flight. I will not be operating as crew but I will basically view and observe the crew and also offer my assistance where needed.
I have 2 suppy flights (one turnaround and one layover), after that I will start operating as crew.

I was thinking of maybe putting my name on the list of accommodation change - Sarab is nice in some ways but it really is far from the city and I think I would rather live in a flat which is more central. Even if that means having to wait for a few months, as long as the ball is rolling then it will happen eventually... When my fiancĂ© moves to Dubai, it would only make sense for me to be living in the city... Taxi's are costing me a fortune since he got here...

Anyways, let me go get ready for my night out with my baby :)




No comments:

Post a Comment