Sunday 20 January 2013

First Charter flight and to Bahrain!!

Avotel Hotel in Bahrain where we stayed for the night

 
 
Had an eventful week I must say!  I found out my roster changed after I got back from Paris on the 16th. I had a Charter flight ordered from the President of the UAE - we had to transport 425 football supporters for a "Cup Final" which was held in Bahrain. Get the treat: The flight was JUST MEN! 
 
Thought I was gonna faint! We were delayed on ground for 3 hours because the aircraft couldn't leave until the very last passenger was on the flight. Some people got so annoyed that they offloaded themselves. We had FOUR incidents where seated passengers smoked secretly in the Lavatories, that after we told them that it's not allowed and that when it happens once more, the police would be called out to the aircraft. We finally locked all the lavatories open so no one could use it before we eventually took off.
 
So we basically had to guard the toilets. How ridiculous... They also didn't follow "the boarding passes" for seat numbers, they literally walked on the plane and decided they will sit where ever they felt like it. We had our hands full from the moment they started to board. Anyways, the flight to Bahrain was so short, not even 55minutes, but we had to bring the same passengers back the next day so we had to spend the night in Bahrain. There were riots going on in the streets because of the losing team and I woke up like 4 times during the night from all the noise. I was so exhausted, may I never experience anything like that in my life again! Imagine, it was my first operational flight and we were 5(first operational) from the total of 17 cabin crew. The Captain was so shocked when he found out he almost offloaded himself haha!
 
Luckily the next day it went easier, most of the passengers were hungover so they slept and didn't even want food or drinks. I was meant to have a "Can Use" day today, however thankfully Emirates turned it into a day off. So now I am only flying again on Wednesday - so have 3 days off now :)
 
My roster changed once again (no surprise) - flying to Bangladesh on the 25th - layover... Yup, I think I will stay safely in my hotel thank you very much!
Can't wait for my layover in Singapore - so far that flight hasn't changed yet, touch wood!
Would fancy a Johannesburg flight next month seriously! I miss my family, my dogs and my fiancé too much :P
 
I must say, it has been an exciting month so far, you never know what to expect!
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

6 comments:

  1. Hi there, I had just read through all your blog post and have to thank you for being such an inspiration (especially your very first post). It is my dream to be a flight attendant too but I'm not sure if I would make the cut so I would like to thank you for letting me see what it's like being one. (especially on Emirates) :D

    I'm from Singapore and it has been raining much with random blazing sun. Might want to pack for the summer :D

    By the way, does Emirates allow corrective lens for the eyes (contact lens)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!

    Thank you and it's only a pleasure, thank you for taking the time to read my blog I appreciate it :)

    Awesome I am looking forward to some sunshine :) I will pack accordingly and I am really looking forward to my layover in Singapore - any suggestions on what to do whilst being there for 24hours?

    Yes, Emirates accepts contact lens for corrective vision :) never give up on your dream, if you don't try then you will never know the outcome

    Good luck and take care x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your reply :D It means a lot.
      There are nothing much to do at night except to go around Clarke Quay where there are loads of pubs and restaurants that operates at night.

      Of course, if you are a club person, you can try Zouk or something. I think Emirates members do have free entry the above. :D

      Have fun!

      Delete
  3. Wow!Everything sounds wonderful! I got my GC two days ago and I'm soo happy! Inshallah for the medicals and then perhaps I'll see you in Dubai one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, a charter plane full of men seems like a pretty tough task for a flight crew. You must be proud of yourself for handling such a restless bunch. I know, what do we expect from football fans? It’s nice to know you’re enjoying the spontaneity of your job and I wish you the best of luck in your career.

    Corina Ogan

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are many great reasons to hire a regional charter flight. In most situations charter flights are quicker and more efficient than their larger jet siblings.

    private jet rental Toronto

    ReplyDelete