Monday 14 January 2013

Flying to Cairo (Turnaround)



First flight is over! Wow, can't believe it, the time has come for me to live out my dream since I was a little girl!!
It doesn't feel real to me yet, I think maybe after a month of flying it will feel like reality for me.

From signing on at the briefing station in Dubai until we arrived back at the station in Dubai, I worked 11 hours... not the normal "office job" which normally consists of 8hours.
It will definitely take some time to get used to, that is for sure.

We flew with Boeing 777-300 and the flight was busy going to Cairo and even more so coming back to Dubai. I sat in the flight deck for take off and landing and WOW what an experience!! I even had the opportunity to listen to "Radio control aka ATC" They communicate non-stop, such a stressful environment, I really do take my hat off for these pilots, wow!!

The Crew were also very nice and friendly and they helped me where possible. Most of the time I just tried to figure things out for myself. I even had the opportunity to do Boarding of Passengers coming back to Dubai and helped with Service in the Cabin and also helped out in the main Galley.

I feel more confident now, and I am sure every flight will just get better! Soon I will be doing service in the cabin with my eyes closed :P

Flying to Paris tomorrow on the A380, -4 degrees with possible snow.. went and bought some flat winter boots, as I don't really have a lot of winter clothes with me in Dubai...
No shopping in Paris, it will be too expensive... However, I will explore the city that's for sure!

Got to bed at 03:00 and slept until 09:30, woke up with a bit of a sore throat. Last thing I need now is to fall sick as I won't be allowed to fly :(
Went to the pharmacy this morning and got some decent vitamins and flu meds, rather sort it out now before it develops into a proper cold...

P.s My blog has reached just over 5000 views :) thank you everyone!!!

1 comment:

  1. would love to get view on how you spend your time in the aircraft

    ReplyDelete