Thursday 17 January 2013

PARIS...City of L o v e




Paris.... always had this vision in my mind that I would go there one day, and now, finally I have! The layover was just over 24hours, and it was enough time surprisingly.

The only downside was that we were put up in the Hyatt hotel which is nearby the airport - and also almost an hour away from the city :( It was so extremely cold and I didn't really have the proper winter clothes to withstand the cold. I saw some beautiful snow!!!! First time in my life to see snow like that, and it's a memory that will stay with me for a very long time!

The hotel was nice, despite having 2 single beds in my room (I am so used to sleeping on a double bed) however the bed was so comfortable, I slept like a baby.
The food was divine!! We also got about 50% discount on the hotel food for example the dinner and breakfast. When we arrived in Paris it was 19:00 so we all went for dinner at the hotel's restaurant which was a buffet. The French sure know how to bake bread!! I had the most delicious bread at dinner and for breakfast I had a delicious croissant and some flap jacks. So for the next days/weeks it's back to hard work in the gym and dieting!!

The crew were lovely as well, they supported me and the other girl from SA as it was only our second flight. I feel much more confident now, and I am enjoying most of the flying time. Sometimes during the flight on the way to Paris and back I was bored and didn't know what to do which I hated because then time goes so slow.

I just checked my roster and found out that I'm doing a Bahrain turnaround tomorrow, so this will officially be my first "operational flight" as cabin crew! Amazing feeling.

See some pictures below :) Next time when I go to Paris it will hopefully be summer time and I can go and explore the amazing city!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Maryke! I am so glad I found your blog! :) I am in the process now on becoming Emirates cabin crew. I have 5 days left, I received my ticket and visa and I am now waiting for the accommodation details. I am actually very worried and anxious with what's coming now and what it will be like moving to Dubai and going through all this new experience. Reading what you've been through and what the whole training is about is very helpful for me. Any tips from you for the training or something that need to notice? Is it so intensive as it sounds?
    My name is Stavri and I am from Cyprus. I hope to meet you when I finally get to Dubai!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stavri,

    I am glad you found my blog helpful! And well done for being selected to join the Emirates Family... it's really such a privilege and although it is initially hard to adapt to this new lifestyle, it is worth it!

    It was hard for me leaving my family behind and I still miss home everyday, however it does get easier as the days go by... Training is very intensive and it's hard, you really need to focus and study hard every day, that's the only way to succeed and to avoid re-doing some weeks which you don't want because then you will be delayed and have to join new batches.. You will make some amazing friends I am sure of that. Good luck and hope to see you in Dubai, let me know where you will be staying

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Maryke! Thank you very much! Being away from hm must very hard especially at the beginning. I personally have nieces and nephew that I will definitely miss soooo much! :(
    Thank you also for the advice about the interview. I'll try to do my best, because as your said is a privilege being selected and a lifetime opportunity.
    They sent me the accommodation details. I'll be staying at Al Barsha. Any clue where that is? I hope everything turns out well...
    I'll find you on fb as well, so we can communicate better if you 'd like! See u soon xXxX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stavri,

    I am not too sure where Al Barha is :S I have heard of it before though so sure it should also be nice accommodation. At least you won't be living in Sarab, that is the positive thing, believe me, it's a mission traveling in and out to the City... Yes add me on facebook and if you need anything, just let me know! Good luck with all the last details and enjoy the time with your family

    xxx

    ReplyDelete