Monday 11 February 2013

Birmingham; UK

So, finally went to the UK :) Always wanted to go there since I could remember. However, I would rather have wanted to go to London or Gatwick, hopefully I will be luckier next time...

Birmingham is a nice city, a bit too Industrial for my liking however I still enjoyed visiting the city... it's all about the experience at the end of the day.

We stayed at the Radisson Blu - the room was very "vintage" and classic... different than the other hotels, yet not as spectacular and I think I expected a little more.
I did go to the gym the next day and it had a very nice view of the city that I can add.

Food of the hotel wasn't too great and also expensive as we didn't get discount. Normally we get 50% discount on the food in the hotels we stay at but alas not this one. Also the Wi-Fi in the room didn't even pick up my phone, it just didn't want to work/connect. I could at least use the internet on my laptop which was a highlighting point :)

Me and this girl from Australia went to have some late lunch at the mall, we walked because it's really no point in taking a taxi or bus as it would be too expensive. Then on the way back it was raining so hard of all a sudden and I was caught without an umbrella and was also not dressed warm enough. Had to walk in the rain and no one would offer to use/share their umbrella - everyone just walks on without a care in the world...so people not too friendly I would say

Overall, good experience, crew was ok..... flown with friendlier crew so not the best group. On the way back, 382 passengers in economy and we were 7 cabin crew in economy so you can just imagine how busy we were... I was so thankful when I got back to the flat in the morning hours

Tomorrow I am off to Bangkok, love Bangkok for the amazing shopping - hoping the allowance is good and that the hotel is central to the shopping places.
The weather will be another story - expected to be 39 degrees and 95% humidity - lovely.

Below, some pics from Birmingham :) - next time if I get Birmingham again, I will try swap it for sure :P




 
 


 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to read your blog about your experience in Bangkok :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) are you from Bangkok?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have lived in Birmingham last year and I am joining Emirates next week. If they give me Birmingham I will never try to swap just because I have very good friends there. But it is definitely THE MOST GREY. CITY. IN THE WORLD.

    ReplyDelete