Tuesday 8 October 2013

Emirates: Tips for Open Days & Interviews




Want to join Emirates? Then DO! Never give up on your dream. I know some people who work for Emirates because they never gave up on their dream... some of them tried 6 times before Emirates gave them the opportunity they needed, craved!


I am going to share my experience with regards to the Open Day, and give some tips which you might find helpful.

One thing you need to understand and accept: If you want to work for the best, then you need to be patient and wait, because as soon as you start applying for the job, it becomes this long waiting game. It took me about 6 months from applying to actually moving to Dubai.

Before you even apply for this job, take time and use it to make your CV look neat and presentable. Get a full length and head and shoulders photograph taken of you with a professional photographer. Be clothed professionally.

If you are shortlisted you will get the opportunity to attend the open day. On that day, it's make or break for you. Be there way before the open day starts, you do not want to be late for the open day.

- Get a good night's sleep the day before; don't go out partying because you will not look fresh in the morning.

- Get up early and take your time to make yourself pretty.

- Don't overdo your makeup ladies!! Emirates is looking for women who can look beautiful naturally.

- 2 weeks before the open day, start hunting for a nice outfit. You want to look professional and my personal opinion is this: Go for a pencil skirt (make sure it covers or touches your knees). Colour to be black or navy blue. Get a long sleeve suit jacket that matches your skirt. Wear a white button-up blouse and skin colour stockings with a SLIGHT heel. You do not want to you wear your highest stiletto's that you love wearing out on a date or to some club.

- Hair: Up is better, trust me. Choose to either wear your hair in a slick pony tail or nice ballerina style bun.

- Makeup: Less is more. The only thing you can apply without worry is Dark Red lipstick, this is what will get your attention with Emirates.

On the open day, remember that you are there to try get in with one of the biggest airlines in the world. Therefore, cellphones are a no. Forget about your phone for the day - you can chat to your boyfriend/fling/sister/aunt/brother/mom etc once you're done.

Take some lunch and water because it might be a long day. When I attended my open day, there were 450 other candidates just like me.
Remember to take your CV and photographs with you. On the day, you might be required to do the "height test" - this will be conducted without shoes on.
Last but not least, remember to SMILE, that's what will get you in if nothing else.

Also, try mingling with the other girls, don't go stand on your own and be shy. I am a very shy person but on the day I had to get out of my shell and make it happen. If you can do that, you won't regret it, believe me.

I really hope this helps a bit, I will do another blog soon when I have some time for tips on the Assessment day (after all, that is the big one)

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a timely post because I was just about to post a comment on your last blog with questions about the Open days and Assessment days.
    I've been paying close attention but I haven't heard of either of them coming up in Lagos or any other country near mine. Have you got any suggestions please?
    And in response to your last comment, Lagos isn't so baad. But I understand your reservations about exploring Lagos against advice. Better safe than sorry. Its good to know that at least you have fiscal perks to look forward to :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Roberta! Thanks for your message and I am sorry for the late reply! Yes, Lagos isn't so bad, but luckily I am from Africa so I know a bit about it :) Rather safe than sorry I always say.

    With regards to open days, you can keep an eye on the emirates websites, they will normally update the cities that they are going to be having open days. I think they might have slowed down on the recruitment for the moment but it will definitely pick up again as we are getting in a loooot of new aircraft and they will need more crew.

    Good luck and all the best! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was invited to the open day and I am so scared. Not sure if I can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post was really helpfull for me, I just started my blog and I think that I'm really to apply.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing!
    I am going to attend the open-day interview this weekend, but I got only lifestyle full length photos.
    I think I need to rush and prepare the Professional pics asap!!
    Hope I can be one of your colleagues in nearly future! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the post really helpful. I got an invite via email very anxious and also looking forward to the OD. but all in all I trust the Lord to align me with his will and guide me no matter what the outcomes are I trust him. This is going to be another learning experience for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you tired of seeking loans and Mortgages,have you been turned down constantly By your banks and other financial institutions,We offer any form of loan to individuals and corporate bodies at low interest rate.If you are interested in taking a loan,feel free to contact us today,we promise to offer you the best services ever.Just give us a try,because a trial will convince you.What are your Financial needs?Do you need a business loan?Do you need a personal loan?Do you want to buy a car?Do you want to refinance?Do you need a mortgage loan?Do you need a huge capital to start off your business proposal or expansion? Have you lost hope and you think there is no way out, and your financial burdens still persists? Contact us (gaincreditloan1@gmail.com)

    Your Name:...............
    Your Country:...............
    Your Occupation:...............
    Loan Amount Needed:...............
    Loan Duration...............
    Monthly Income:...............
    Your Telephone Number:.....................
    Business Plan/Use Of Your Loan:...............
    Contact Us At : gaincreditloan1@gmail.com
    Phone number :+44-75967-81743 (WhatsApp Only)

    ReplyDelete