Friday 31 August 2012

The Golden Call from Emirates


Man am I excited!!

I received my "Golden Call" from Emirates on Wednesday, 29th of August at 13:25

I am currently a member on the forum "cabincrew.com" and found a girl there that is from Australia. She received her Golden Call also on the 29th, just around after 1pm. I was happy for her, but then I thought to myself, I wish I was the one who could tell the world that I have received the call.

I thought I wouldn't receive the call that day because her online status changed to "You will be contacted by your Recruitment coordinator at the earliest" a day before mine changed. So I thought maybe Emirates would call me the next day. I went on about my day, still checking my phone like every 15 minutes, just in case I was missing out on anything :P

I had just sat down for lunch at my work, took a sip of my coffee and then the next moment my phone rang. I was completely shocked, as I looked down onto my phone and saw the "foreign number"

I answered the call immediately and sure thing, it was my Recruitment coordinator, finally! It was about time as I had been waiting for 6 days already!!

I could hardly make out anything she was saying, but I was just too excited to care. I just made sure I listened and focused on what she said. It was really hard to understand her English as her accent was so different!

My date of Joining is 16 November. That is the date that I will fly from OR Tambo International - Johannesburg.

What I now need to focus on, is getting through all my medicals. I am starting today. Going to begin with the cervical smear test, then later on going to the dentist for a check-up and then hopefully I can get an appointment to do the Chest X-ray today as well as well as all my Blood tests. The sooner I can upload this on my portal, the sooner I will know if I get "Final Approval" Status.

I will post a blog later on exactly what medical tests are required to take etc.
I received my Formal Contract of Employment as well (yesterday at 13:25) exactly 24 hours after I received my GC.

I have to say that they are really well organized!
Well, let me get the busy day started!

1 comment:

  1. hi there i have received my golden call yesterday all i heard from the accent is that my joining day will be on 8th of march but i heard nothing clearly about uploading my passport and stuff .. can u please double check with me what i am supposed to do .. thx a lot

    ReplyDelete