Monday 13 January 2014

17 Days to go....

 
 
 
Only 17 days left!!! I can't believe how time is flying - literally!! I've received a lot of response on my last blog, and I want to take the time to thank all of you for always reading my blog! It means the world to me and I am so glad that I actually inspire people from around the world to follow their dream!
 
 
At the moment I am in South Africa, visiting my family. Tomorrow night I will fly back to Dubai, and then I only have 3 flights left! 2 Turnarounds and my last layover ever will be New York baby! I am very lucky to end my journey of flying by spending it in my favorite destination!!
 
Speaking of NY, on my last trip to this lovely city, I was not at all impressed with the hotel! They gave me a handicapped room!!!!!!!!
 
 

This is the room - 2821

As you can all imagine, I was not impressed after just completing a 14,5 hour flight! I mean, the bathroom had only a shower, which was also handicapped (I could literally sit down while having a shower!!) and the bed was way too soft, my back almost collapsed after spending the night there. To top it off, the room looked like a hospital and smelled like old people!
 
At least I had a nice view from my room:
 
 
On the way back to Dubai, I met the cutest little Asian Boy - he was crying non-stop so I told his mother that she should give him to me so that we can pose for a photo together:
 
 
 EK204 JFK-DXB
 

Lol, needless to say, he started crying soon after the photo was taken! But, at least I have this photo as a good memory.... I am so happy that I took this opportunity of working for the best airline! It's memories which I will treasure for always and one day I will look back, read this blog again and hopefully share these memories with my children :) you only live once right?!
 
Back to my holiday in SA: Had a nice date night on Saturday night, we went to our favorite restaurant called 'Boabab' - had amazing red wine and I had a Prawn Curry Potjie for main, chocolate mouse for desert and the best company a girl can ask for!
 
 
I hope everyone had a good holiday season and for those attending open days soon - all the best of luck! Believe in yourself and go get your dream!



 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Can I ask you a question ? I want to apply for a job in Emirates, but I'm married. Do they let me live with husband? Do you know what the procedure says about such a situations? I'd really appreciate your answer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ania,

    Yes of course! Your husband is allowed to stay with you :) All the best, I hope you will succeed in getting in with Emirates and that your husband can also move to Dubai xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to bother you Maryke but your blog has been so helpful and I know you could give me great advice. I was just hired by Emirates and I start in a month. Do you have any tips for when I first get there? I heard bring plenty of nude pantyhose and a cardigan for when the A.C. is too high. Anything else you can advise? Also did you bring just summer attire or would you suggest doing a lot of winter clothes too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bridget,

    Well done on getting the job with Emirates!! You must be so excited to start your new adventure! Where will you be staying?
    I would suggest, don't just focus on bringing summer clothes! I made that mistake... Currently it's winter in Dubai and although it's still not really cold, the mornings and evenings can get quite chilly especially if you are going to live near to the desert.

    Also, coats etc in Dubai cost quite a lot and when you start traveling you might be traveling to destinations where it's freezing cold. I just went to NY and it was -15 degrees. Better to have a few warm clothes in the beginning and then you can always later buy some more things.
    YES bring a lot of pantyhose oh my soul you won't even realize how much you are gonna need them. They are VERY expensive in Dubai and bad quality... It saved my life.... Whenever I had trips back to SA I would stack up on them to bring back to Dubai.

    Good luck and all the best! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi i want to ask abt if i have a chance to work with emirates as a cabin crew knowing that i'am married and have two kids.
    If yes, how many time can i bring them to dubai? Thx.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you need personal loan? Does your firm,company or industry need financial assistance? Do you need finance to start your business? Do you need finance to expand your business? We give out loan to interested individuals who are seeking loan with good faith. Are you seriously in need of an urgent loan contact us at Email:flourishloancredite@gmail.com
    APPLICATION DETAILS
    Your Full Details:
    Full Name:
    Loan Amount Need:
    Loan Duration:
    Phone Number:
    Applied before?
    State:
    Monthly Income:
    Country:
    where did you hear about us;
    You are to send this to our Company Email;flourishloancredite@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. GOOD DAY AND WELCOME TO STANDARD ONLINE FINANCE LTD
    Do you need 100% Finance? I can fix your financial needs with a lower back problem of 3% interest rate. Whatever your circumstances, self employed, retired, have a poor credit rating, we could help. flexible repayment, Contact us at: standardonlineinvestment@gmail.com

    Apply now for all types of loans and get money urgently!
    * The interest rate is 3%
    * Choose between 1 and 35 years of repayment.
    * Choose between monthly and annual repayment plan.
    * Terms and conditions of the flexibility of loans.

    Regards,
    Mr. Abdul Muqse

    ReplyDelete