Thursday 2 May 2013

Melbourne = WOW!!

It was wonderful to see my family in Melbourne!! I got the opportunity to see my aunt and uncle and also my 3 cousins for the first time in about 6 years!!
And what made it even more special was the fact that I got to see my sister whom I haven't seen since I left SA to join Emirates back in November 2012 :)

They have a lovely house, live in a great area, a little bit out of the busy city but wow, once you drive into the city, everything lightens up! It's just such a pity I couldn't stay there longer, would have loved to go explore the city with them!

I think my sister will enjoy it there, and maybe she can settle down in Melbourne for a while. It really is such a cool city because you have these old vintage buildings but at the same time you have modern buildings and also clear blue sky and fresh air!

My trip to NZ, Auckland was also very nice! I am just thankful for a wonderful team of crew otherwise these 5/6 days would have been terrible! The area where we were is also very "old" so you have all these small little shops next to each other on the side of the road - so cute!
I went out with the crew the night we landed in NZ to this vintage pub, had some amazing chocolate mousse and iced coffee - so yummy!

Also made friends with another South African girl who flew with me, she's also Afrikaans and we had a great time together especially on the flights :) Overall, I had a wonderful, memorable 5/6 days, now back in Dubai for 2 days before my next flight.

My graduation will also be this month, and I fly to Johannesburg 2 days after that, so a good month is lying ahead :)


me, my sister in the middle and cousin Jeni on the far left: 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment