Wednesday 10 April 2013

US Visa Approved!


I went for my US Visa interview yesterday morning here in Dubai, it took about 2 hours in total as it was quite busy at the consulate. BUT, it was worth it, as my Visa was approved!!

I now just need to collect my Passport from Emirates HQ after 6pm today :):) I may even be able to get my first flight to the US as early as next month, but will have to wait until I receive my roster.

I am delighted that it's done and out of the way now, one less thing to worry about. I have a turnaround tomorrow night to Delhi, India and then on Saturday morning I'm off to Beijing, China :) Can't wait for these 2 flights to be over, I really just want to be going back home now!

I did a load of washing and started packing for my trip home. Now the tricky part will be: what to take and what to leave. I want to pack light because I know I will buy food and things in SA that I will want to bring back.

Oh I want to share something so interesting! I had a flight to Kuala Lumpur the other day, and whilst on the flight, this one crew member comes up to me and ask me: "hey you are the girl with the blog, right?" So turns out, this girl was following my blog prior to joining Emirates, and me and her were operating the same flight!!

Just shows you, what a small world we live in...

2 comments:

  1. héhéhéhé interesting
    i am also following your blog and hope i can join emirates and meet you in a flight some day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. “…as my Visa was approved!” – This is definitely good news! Applying for a Visa may not be an easy task for all, especially for those whose application have already been denied. That’s why some are hiring immigration lawyers to help them get through all the process without that much hassle. Congratulations, by the way! This is a new phase in your life. Enjoy! _Jane Smith @ BestLawAssociates.com

    ReplyDelete