Monday 1 April 2013

Shangai, China... first sickness on board & 14 days to go before HOME

Wow, see I haven't written a blog in some time :P sorry about that. Been a busy time for me. I enjoy my days off so much, it just passes me by before I know it.

I had a flight to Shangai in China recently. It was a good flight going, however coming back was disastrous. I started feeling sick at the hotel, it started with a huge headache, had some panadol on the plane and then during boarding I started feeling dizzy and nauseous. I thought it would pass, alas. During the first service, I had to make a run for the bathroom - twice. I was then told I can not physically operate the fight any longer and rested in the CRC (Crew Rest Compartment) I slept the rest of the flight.

Went to the clinic upon arrival and was told I might have contracted a virus in Shangai, or on the plane going to Shangai... had some meds and got some rest yesterday. Today I am feeling like my old self again :) thank goodness. So first time being sick since I moved to Dubai almost 5 months ago.

I didn't explore Shangai really, I went to the mall and that's about it. I must say, I prefer the European flights more than Asian flights... more my scene. I have a flight again to Kuala Lumpur on Wednesday morning, then I have 2 turnarounds, then my US Visa interview and then Beijing. After that, I have my leave, so then going home to South Africa, my beautiful country!!! I must share some pics from my home country, I love my country, it's definitely the most beautiful of all countries!

 Mountains

 Breath-taking waterfalls

 Kruger National Park

 Kruger National Park

 Durban Coast - KZN

            Graaf-Reinett


Below some pics from Shangai:





 


No comments:

Post a Comment