Thursday 6 February 2014

First week back in SA

It's been almost a week since I left Dubai.... it's quite a strange feeling, although I am very happy that I am back in this beautiful country of mine.

The last day before I left Dubai was crazy... I had a lot of final arrangements and packing to do. My bags were stacked, I could hardly move it! Also, arrived at the airport and found out that my bags were overweight with 2,6kg - initially Emirates wanted to charge me AED110 per kg overweight but then I tried my luck and asked them if they could oversee it as I am going home permanently.
Finally the supervisor said it's fine :) sigh of relief for me!!

Then, on the plane it was strange.... not one of the crew came to talk to me and it honestly just felt like I was going on holiday for a few days.
Now, I am settling in back home - it's quite busy at the moment! Have a lot of Wedding arrangements to sort out and also need to update my CV and start looking for work soon-ish. Decided I will go back into Finance (have the most experience, so better I stick to what I know).

I am sorry if I am taking a while to respond to all of your emails and facebook messages - it's been a bit crazy for me the last few days/week!

:)

 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Maryke, thank you for sharing about your experience. I was wondering. If becoming a wife and a mother wasn't a huge priority for you, do you think you would have stayed with the company? How much did you really enjoy the job? And did you get adequate rest? Did you feel like you had good levels of energy while with the company?

    I am a flight attendant with an American airline and am going to attend an open day soon. I'm wondering how much better the experience is working for a top airline vs a mediocre airline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really a nice blogging and Good info, looking for Hostess Dubai. if you want to make your wedding event awesome then contact us for your event or exhibition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete